Hurray! I made it three months in a row, sharing what I learned this month with you. This is so fun and keeps me on my toes, looking up and out for new things to discover and experience.
Here are some of the things that have made me smile…and maybe a little smarter. 🙂
- You can find beauty in unexpected places. Like flowers bursting from a pole. Surrounded by wire. On a major street. In the big city.
- Music albums I’m excited to tell you about
- Sunlight is a good disinfectant. No wonder my mom loves to dry clothes outside so much!
- All ready to greet the arrival of fall, my hair colour for September is a violet-based red combination. A beautiful, rich, shiny shade that brightens me up and puts a healthy glow-smile on my face. The down side is red hair dye fades quickly and has a tendency to go brassy. But I’m still smiling because I learned intermittently washing with conditioner instead of shampoo will not only preserve the colour but keep hair luxuriously soft and moisture-infused.
- New foods I tried & love
- Two new quick and easy oven recipes to warm up to as the days ahead begin to chill down
- The lovely lady ahead of me at the grocery check-out taught me plantains turn into dessert simply by baking them for 40-45 minutes.
- While visiting a friend she showed me how to make a mouth-watering fish entree by tossing scallops and shrimp doused with lemon, white wine and oil olive with some parsley and dash of seasoning, in the oven. In about an hour, it’s ready to serve…and enjoy!